2/17/2007

Top of the (nerd) world.

Life just got...crisper.

My new 360 finally arrived from Microsoft, and the timing was just perfect. The day before it got here I had purchased the HDDVD add-on from work (for a phenomenally great price), and I was just itching to get it all set up.

So when the box came, I tore into it and put it all together.

Oh yes.

With the drive, I also got a free media remote ($40 value) and a free copy of King Kong ($33 value). After sales and discounts, the thing only cost $150, (HD DVD players themselves retail for $700-800) so I'm laughing.

Anyway, the point is HD DVD is so sexy to watch that I actually need better eyes to truly appreciate it (better glasses are coming). I can stand 6 inches from my display and still see into the image clearly. Wow.

Needless to say, after watching King Kong I zipped down to A&B and scored...wait for it...Serenity. Upon watching it, I was filled with such geek rapture, I was almost moist.

Now if only somebody rented out these discs...


...I'm looking at you, Blockbuster.

3 comments:

Luke said...

I'm sooooo envious!!! Grrrr... I need more money to buy toys like that!

RockyDil said...

Well come on over any time...I'll smoke you in DOA. :P

Peter Tyrrell said...

Gah-ga-gahhh goooooorgeous!!! So jealous!