4/02/2007

...but the Soul still burns...

Well the geekend was fun. Here's what went down in too much detail:

On Friday, Devon and Nads and I decided to start things off with some Romance IV (old school) and just like in the good old days, after spending literally hours meticulously creating our rulers and their multiple generations of offspring (all with mind-shatteringly disgusting names), the game froze. Ha. Ha. Ha. Blame it on Tasty Anus -- his snide little portrait sneered at us on screen while me moaned in agony.

After those two buggered off, Kelly and Simps arrived from Vancouver, and without wasting any time, we immediately started our season in NHL 2K7. 4am rolls along, and we hit the hay, only to rise sluggishly the next afternoon.

After rendezvousing with Devon and Nads, we grabbed some lunch, and since the weather Saturday was INCREDIBLY NICE, we decided to grab all the sports stuff and go run around...for most of the day. (Geekend indeed... :p) It was awesome. I wish I had more friends on this side of the Straight who would want to get out and play some Ultimate on a sunny Saturday. *Sniffle* I love you guys...

After that we came back to BBQ. It was then that SoulCalibur was unleashed. It was the ultimate blast from the past. I'm proud to say my dominance , especially at the edge of the ring, was completely unchallenged. (OOH HOO HOO HOO HOO! <--- Astaroth laughter.)

More hockey was played and by Sunday afternoon, the boys and I had completed an ENTIRE SEASON and won the cup... phew.


So there it is. Other games were played (DOA, DDR, and lots of DS too), and yeah, I ownzor. :p

As cool as it was though, I really must say, next time we all get together like that, we need to get a full on football game or something together -- that afternoon in the sun just beat the Hell out of anything we were doing indoors. (Except maybe delivering an endless barrage of "Out of the ring"s.) HA!

Watch for news of the next geekend!

No comments: