3/10/2007

The slap heard 'round the world.

Played some DDR tonight with Mattie and Cari. As we were bumping off songs, improving high scores etc, the temperature in the living room continually climbed until it was like a gym sock in here. Since I was trying to get through a particularly taxing 215 BPM techno ditty with lots of jumps, I decided to shuck my jeans and get on some gym shorts.

I came back to the dance mat to try the song again.

Now, if you're unfamiliar with DDR, let me explain how it works. DDR is a music game where instead of pushing buttons in time with the music, one dances on a (supplied) dance mat. On the mat are four directions: up, down, left, and right. As the music plays, the screen displays all the steps you need to make in order to pass the song. As the difficulty increases, the commands come flying at you extremely quickly. Also, sometimes you'll see two directions at once. These are not steps, but in fact, jumps. Lots of jumping leads to lots of sweating.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaannnnnyway, I was givin' er on this brutal techno song, and was jumping around like a fool when suddenly as I made a jumping transition to <- and -> at once, there was heard in my house a tremendous SLAP!

Everyone was sort of silent for a sec, until the gales of laughter began (note I was still furiously dancing at this point). Yeah that's right. My balls had smacked into my leg whilst I was bouncing around. Of course Cari and Mattie couldn't contain themselves and I could barely stay on my feet long enough to finish the song. Needless to say, for the next song I was practically riverdancing in order to prevent that unfortunate event from reoccurring.

Oh, DDR. So new, and yet already creating such beautiful memories.

3 comments:

Nikki Dykema said...

dear...god...

Peter Tyrrell said...

I am wiping tears of laughter off my shirt...

RockyDil said...

Thank you. *bows*