1/27/2007

The lost Cabin.

Yesterday morning, Nads took me up Westwood Ridge to get a look at the cabin he and some of his old friends had built about 10 years ago. for a long time, I'd been hearing stories about this place, but I had never actually seen it -- it was sort of a thing with his "other friends" so I never really pried.As I understand it, about a month ago, Nads and some of these guys had come back to the cabin after a long time away to patch it up and put on a new roof as sort of an homage to their late friend Lee who helped start the project back in the day.

The hike up was nice, as Westwood Ridge always is.

At one point we came across the clearly marked Cabin Trail sign that led up to the site.

The cabin itself was set on a mossy mound high up the ridge in a calm and serene sort of copse of trees (some of which had been chopped down for use in the initial construction. I took some pics, which you can look at here. It was very peaceful up there (though cold) and the weather was absolutely beautiful, making our hike a totally pleasant experience. Thanks, Nads!

No comments: